Greetings simmbiosis sends
The open hand which he extends
Glad we can be
Community
It's always good to have more friends


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fiend

I’m a little pothead
Average sized
Configuration
Standardized
Twist me up a fat one
Bud comprised
Fairly useless
Unsurprised

What makes a man a junky
What makes us want to hide
Attached to the detachment
That eats at us inside
Detached from our attachments
Unable to decide
Behold devolving monkey
How do the dude abide
Is there truth to be gleaned
From the plight of the fiend
Caught in the throes of addiction
The stain never cleaned
The human demeaned
Pariah in social depiction

A hungering that gnaws
The oft refreshing pause
The ever-clenching jaws
The effect or the cause
Drawn to the effect
Cause harder to detect
A major disconnect
Especially when wrecked

Am I hiding from the fact I’m hiding
Or drawn to hiding something deeper still
Am I merely one more fool presiding
A life of dreams unable to fulfill
Downward through this hell I’m sliding
Genius disguised as an imbecile
Until with reality colliding
The emptiness I can never fill
Is there truth to be gleaned
From the plight of the fiend
Caught in the throes of addiction
The stain never cleaned
The human demeaned
Consumed by this sad predilection



© 2012 simmbiosis 11/5/12

No comments:

Post a Comment